Director & Global President
Varughese is an internationally acclaimed Arbitrator, Expert in Construction and Property Development. He has a vision to attain IIQS as a Chartered Institute in India. His high ethical work culture approach contributed in setting development philosophy and social responsibility of various entities.
Varughese specialized in Quantity Surveying and Construction management from College of Estate Management in UK and Master of Laws (LLM) in Construction Law and Arbitration from Robert Gordon University in Scotland, UK. He is Fellow of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – UK (FRICS), Fellow of Chartered Institute of Buildings – UK (FCIOB), Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators – UK (FCIArb) and Fellow Indian Institute of Quantity Surveyors – India (FIIQS).
Varughese has extensive experience in construction and property development in Middle East & India and been in senior positions with multi-national companies such as Six Construct, Skanska, Carillion and EC Harris. He has successfully managed several international projects including Power Plants, Autodrome, Airport, Bridges, Hotels, Museums, Residential Complexes, etc.
Varughese is speaker in CPD events, Chairman of Professional Interview panel, Counselor, Mentor and coach to many professionals around the world. His leadership skills and ability to deal with multi culture environment has helped to establish link with various international professional institutions around the world
L.L.M, FCIArb, FRICS, FCIOB, FIIQS
Procurement and Tendering
• Definition of Procurement and Tendering
• Principles of Procurement and Tendering
• Procurement issues
• Client’s requirements
• Procurement route criteria
• Traditional / Design and Build / Management / Financed
• PPP / PFI / PFI variations
Programming and Planning
• The principles of financial and programme monitoring
• Planning techniques such as Gantt charts etc.
• The various types of programmes and schedules
• Assess, interpret and report on the programme control
Health and Safety
• The principles and responsibilities imposed by law
• Codes of practice and other regulations
• Practical application of health and safety
• The requirements for compliance